Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Near Santa Monica"


                                                        5" x 5" Acrylic on gessobord
                                                                    $185


Santa Monica beach and town are in the distance and to the far right of this beach (not shown in this painting, of course).    I really enjoyed Santa Monica whenever I visited California, which was often.  The town as well as the beach and pier were a pleasure to visit.    Many years ago I painted several watercolors of the area; perhaps I'll post a couple of them in the future.   I do not remember the name of the beach in this painting above, which I painted from a reference photo I took many years ago.   
                                                        
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment