Saturday, August 13, 2011

Anticipation - Above Diamondhead Beach


6" x 6" Acrylic on panel
$300



I had walked along this beach at Diamondhead Lighthouse on Oahu not far from Waikiki, which beach is many many feet below this scene.  I decided to take more photos of the flowers high above the beach next to the road , and just as I came near this area a surfer placed his surf board in this spot as if to oblige me.... I quickly took a few reference photos, realizing it would make a perfect painting.   I intend to do a large oil painting from this study.   

This miniature seascape was completed just yesterday.   It needs a good home !   Please contact me if interested  or if you have any questions about this or another painting shown on this website.   I welcome all comments .   Mahalo for stopping by to visit ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment