Monday, November 28, 2011

The Going Is Slow


This is a photo taken about 4 years ago on the "Big Island" of Hawaii.   I recently worked for about 3 days on a miniature painting inspired by this photo; although in the painting I put in a white farmhouse and a red barn and it is dawn with a full moon .    Now that I got your curiosity up, I'm not ready to post the painting yet because there is something just not to my liking about how it turned out so I am setting it aside for now and will begin work on my wood duck painting this afternoon.   But I did want to share with you these photos below of a beautiful waterfall on the Big Island.   Well, I goofed trying to align the pictures.  I hope to paint this waterfall found in a botanical garden whose name I can't recall at the moment.   I included the photo of myself and my son just to give you an idea of the scale of the waterfall.






I have  been painting very slowly lately !  Hopefully the wood duck painting will be finished in 2 or 3 days, so please visit again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment