Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Serious About Cereus


"Serious About Cereus"
Work In Progress
12" x 12" Oil on canvas

This is the beginning stages of a "serious" bee within the huge, lovely cereus cactus blossom; the cactus famous for and sometimes called  'the night-blooming cactus'  .   The bee is definitely serious about his job, but I have a feeling he was having a good time as well     :-)       
Below is my photo reference for this painting.

Every year in July these beautiful blossoms appear on a somewhat trailing vine-like branch of the cactus.   I have many reference photos I have taken of them.   This, however, will only be the second time that I have actually painted this flower.   Below is the other painting.


"Late Bloomer"
24" x 24" acrylic on gallery-wrap canvas

I appreciate your interest and comments.   Please visit again soon !   


Studio :  Carol Reynolds
              P O Box 22246
              Honolulu, HI 96823-2246

No comments:

Post a Comment