Thursday, January 5, 2012


6" x 8" Oil on linen panel 

This painting was completed today, Thursday.   I added the birds at the last, and they seem to add balance to the piece.  In the painting, the bluebonnets are not quite as bright as this photograph depicts them.  Below is the reference photo I took somewhere in Texas.

I almost used the yellow flowers alone with no bluebonnets in the painting, but in the end the bluebonnets won out.   As you can tell, I made some changes in the painting and did not go exactly by the photo.

I have begun working on 3 paintings of flowers today....for a change of pace.   Please check by real soon for the new work.