Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hanalei Valley, Kauai - Photos

After posting my painting earlier today of "Spring In Hanalei Valley", I thought perhaps I should have included some of my reference photographs of the scene.    Here they are :



The above photos were both taken from the overlook just before you enter the charming town of Hanalei on Kauai.   The top photo area is in reality to the right of the bottom photo. Those are taro fields in various stages of growth and wetness; makes delightful patterns to try to capture on canvas.    Below is yours truly at the overlook.

Tomorrow it is back at the easel  to work on two larger oils I need to finish.   I don't believe I have introduced you to my studio assistant; here is a photo of her on my patio outside the studio door. Her name is Callie.


Thank you for stopping by to visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment