Saturday, August 4, 2012

Makapu'u Point Lighthouse Trail (Oahu, Hawaii)


"Checking The Surf"
12" x 6" oil on canvas

This painting was posted here previously, but I wanted to show you one of my works with Makapu'u lighthouse in the distance from Makapu'u Beach Park on Oahu.   Yesterday my son Mitch and daughter-in-law Michelle and I hiked a two mile trail up that cliff to get a close up view of the lighthouse.   Wow!  What beautiful scenery along the trail.   I have lived here 9 years and it was my first time to do that hike.   Isn't it funny that when you live near such places you don't visit them as frequently as the tourists do.   Below are some photos from the hike yesterday that you might enjoy.





Below are Mitch and Michelle on the trail and afterwards at a restaurant at Koko Marina where we stopped  to have a late lunch after the hike.  That is Koko Crater behind them in both photos.




It was a beautiful day and a wonderful visit with my son and Michelle.   I posted more pictures on my photography blog as well as a video of the trail if you would like to see additional views of the area.

Now I must get back to painting !   But instead of waterlilies I feel the urge to paint the lighthouse and scenery from yesterday's welcome trip outside my studio.  Such a delightful predicament !     ;-D





No comments:

Post a Comment