Friday, November 16, 2012

Paths And Gardens (Landscape Photographs)

"Stand by the roads and look; and ask for the eternal paths, where the good, old way is; then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls...." Jeremiah 6:16



The above reference photos of mine were taken a few years ago at Bandelier National Park in Los Alamos, New Mexico.  The park is on the slopes of the Jemez mountains and covers 33,000 acres.  I have several more photographs I shot of the area, and like I always say "I hope to paint these soon".    :-)    I have been seriously considering how often times people take the wrong path in life -- or the right path -- and the consequences.  This has inspired me to start a new series soon depicting paths in my paintings.   Stay tuned !  Right now I am painting two landscapes, one of Hawaii and another of Nevada, and I am pretty excited about them and will finish them soon so check back often.   Below is my reference photograph of a path at Washington Park Arboretum in Seattle.


I often visited this 230 acre park which is on the shores of Lake Washington.  Fall is such a wonderful season to spend time there.   Below are a couple of garden shots I (again) "Hope to paint soon."



The two shots above were taken in the Japanese Garden section of Washington Park Arboretum.   

I must get some sleep now so I will be fresh and energetic to work on two landscapes tomorrow.  Have a great weekend everyone !


No comments:

Post a Comment