Thursday, December 27, 2012

Autumn Of Our Life


"Autumn Of  Our Life - Ecclesiastes 9:9"
12" x 16" Oil on panel 
$1575

This oil landscape is the first painting in my series concerning the paths people take in life and the good or bad consequences thereof.    I promise I will, for the most part, concentrate on the good.   :-)       I try to capture beauty in my work; there is enough bad in the world without portraying it on canvas.   The obvious beauty here is the Fall foliage ; the other beautiful thing is a married couple still in love and together in the autumn of their years.   

My reference photo for this painting was taken at the Washington Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in Seattle a few years ago.  There really was an older couple in my photograph, but I changed them up a bit with their clothing in the painting.   

"Stand by the roads and look; and ask for the eternal paths, where the good, old way is; then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."  Jeremiah 6:16







No comments:

Post a Comment