Thursday, March 26, 2015

Almost There - 5th Stage - Pink Water Lilies (Work In Progress)


Stage 5 Pink Water Lilies
Work In Progress
12" x 16" oil on gallery wrap canvas

Now I am getting somewhere with this painting!  After working on it again last night, this oil of pink water lilies is finally taking shape and going in the direction I want it to.  I had intended to wait until I finished it to post about it again, but I am so excited I wanted to share it today.  It may take a couple of more days to finish.   

Some of you may not have read my previous posts where I stated that I am a self-taught artist, and have learned to paint over decades of trial and error.   Most paintings nowadays flow easier than this one did, for whatever reason.    I learned most of my painting knowledge from books, dating back to when I was a teenager.    At age 15 the one I poured over most of all was "Carlson' s Guide to Landscape Painting" by John F. Carlson.  It's really an oldie, first published I believe in 1929 and the ninth printing was in 1971.   I believe you can still find it on Amazon.   I highly recommend it for beginning artists; but all artists at all stages in their career would benefit from this book.  

Having said all that, sometimes I still just paint by instinct;   I don't always know why I do what I do or if I could repeat it again.   Does anyone else relate?    

Thank you for viewing my art !



No comments:

Post a Comment