Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flowering Trees In Hawaii (Photos)


Royal Poinciana Blossoms


Royal Poinciana Tree In Makiki park on Oahu

The Royal Poinciana trees are so beautiful and they are planted as decorative landscaping trees just about everywhere you look.  I hope to sometime paint the tree in a landscape or seascape, as well as paint a close-up of the gorgeous blossoms.   Below are photos of the the yellow version of Poinciana.



Sometimes I think there are more flowering trees in these islands than smaller plants like Hibiscus.  There is always something in bloom here and that makes me a happy camper.   Below is a close-up of the Rainbow shower tree flowers.


Rainbow Shower Tree

These are beautiful trees and they bloom profusely.   I must make time to paint these flowers as well. 


These flowering trees were found in the quaint artsy town of Haleiwa on the North Shore of Oahu. I hope you enjoyed these photographs and there are other trees like the plumeria that I will talk about another time.

 I must go on another photo shoot soon.  I have been home painting constantly except today and tomorrow there are other activities that will interfere with my painting time.  I intend to paint tonight, however, and hopefully tomorrow night as well.    Wish I could train my cat to do housework and other chores    ;-)

1 comment: