Saturday, May 19, 2012

Work In Progress And A Fantastic Plein Air System


This landscape reference photograph was first posted here on Tuesday, May 12, 2012 and I thought I would give you an update on the progress of the painting which is shown below. 


Work In Progress, Stage 2
8" x 16" Oil on canvas

I thought some of you might like to see my well used easel      ;-)    I changed the composition quite a bit from the reference photograph. Right now I still intend to include some horses or maybe only one horse.     Below is a photo of the first rough lay-in of oil color.

I am pretty excited about the Coulter Plein Air System  .   If you go to that link there is information about James M. Coulter's art box and links to videos about the set-up of the system.   Or go here for the videos.  The mixing area  for your paints on the standard plein air system is a large 12" x 16" and has a couple of "trays" on either side of it.  Check it out !

No comments:

Post a Comment