Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Did You Say Lavender?" (Waterlily)

"Did  You Say Lavender?"
acrylic on canvas
4" x 4"
Here is the lavender waterlily I promised to post by today.  I worked on it some more today and it is now after 4 pm in Hawaii and I wanted to publish this painting here before I work on other canvases in a few minutes.   I had some trouble getting the color correct and I do believe I am going to switched back to using oils very soon.  
First I want to finish another 4" x 4" acrylic water hyacinth to complete this little set of 4 acrylic miniatures. Below are some of my reference photos I took at various places around Oahu.  






I especially like the top reference photo as promising for a new painting.  Let me know your favorite !

reynoldsrenditions@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment