Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lemonade, Persimmons, and Chinatown

5" x 7" Oil on panel
In Progress

I reworked this in oil today; it was a painting I completed first in January of this year in acrylics.  I was just not happy with the acrylic version, so worked over it in oils.   Below is the previous acrylic version.


Tomorrow will be decision day: is the oil version finished or does it need more refining, etc.  I also worked on the persimmon painting today.   It does not look like I did much to it (shown below) but I really did. 

Work in progress
6" x 6" Oil on canvas

Just for fun and to share with you, today I photographed some persimmons and other produce in the Chinatown section of Honolulu.   I thought you might find it interesting; the prices as well as the local vendors, so please scroll down to view.   




I have toyed with the idea of painting some people-filled Chinatown scenes and the produce and local vendors.    I took several other photos there as well and some just might make good paintings.  

I have had some appointments the last two days so have not been able to paint as much as usual.  The next few days I will live, eat, and breathe painting continuously so please return often to my blog for more new work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment